Sunday 4 April 2010

Happy Easter!

Hope you are all having a very Happy Easter and not making yourselves sick with too much chocolate! And a HUGE thank you to the lovely ladies who are following me and who have left comments. I'm sorry I've taken so long to post something new, but I honestly don't know what happened to the last week - it feels like the world was on fast forward!


The project I'm showing today is a little book that I made for a dear friend and (now ex-) colleague of mine, when she left us for a new job.

The design is based on that of a mazebook, but I wanted something slightly bigger - the pages measure 4inch square. I cut four 8inch squares from A4 sheets of card, scored them into four and cut along one line from the edge to the middle, folding them to make pages and sticking them back to back to make a whole book.




I cut the covers slightly larger and as I didn't have any mountboard I cut them from the sturdy backing from a paper pad, and covered them with paper, adding the ribbon and attaching them to the book.

To keep a theme throughout I chose the same two colours (blue and purple) and stamped a series of Cute Companions characters (all girlie ones as we are all females that work together), colouring them with watercolour pencils - all stamped onto the off-cuts from the A4 card from the pages.

The idea behind making a little book was to make it a special something that she could keep, and also I like the idea of each person having a nice neat area on which to write their message, rather than squeezing them in between each others.

 So I went into work armed with small squares of coloured and patterned paper for the messages (much more discreet too!) and assembled the book at home.


I'm really pleased with the results - as were the other ladies - and most importantly the receipient LOVED it!!
(Although I shan't bore you with photos of all the pages, you get the idea!)








Thanks for looking.
Take care,
Charli xx

No comments: