Monday, 3 May 2010

Charmed, Enchanted, Bewitched

After going for a couple of drinks at our local for a friend's birthday, I came home to find that a handful of their uniquely shaped beermats had ended up in my pocket! A very odd occurance but hey, now they're here I may as well alter them.

So here is my project for the Darkness Inspiration challenge- Bewitched.

First I spent the better part of an hour trying to get the top layer off of the darned beermat (the others I have peel off easily; not so with this one - in fact there is still a little bit left under where the image is!)

I coloured the background Forest Moss DI (see! a new colour at last!) and then edged it in Faded Jeans. Then I took another torn out book page, coloured it with Weathered Wood (my other new DI) and stuck it down, trimming around the beermat and edging again with Faded Jeans.

Next I stamped out the Tim Holtz ticket block stamp, this time leaving it in tact rather than cutting them apart, to use as another background - tinting it with Weathered Wood (my new fave!) and then using a cottonbud to add Forest Moss around the edges of the tickets; again sticking it down then trimming it down.

The image is one of the gorgeous ching-chou kuik images, made by Sweet Pea stamps and bought from Crafts and Me. I coloured her with watercolour pencils then painstakingly cut out a mask from sticky notes and coloured the background with Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans and Forest Moss.

I used my brass stencils to do the wording with my brown Indian ink marker, using the same ink colours; added an eyelet and a strip of lace(ish) ribbon, some silver gems and finally a bit of silver glitter.

This piece is also being entered into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - sparkle (the gems and glitter)
Crafty Pad - ribbon (the strip bowed at the top)
Fab'n'Funky - no designer paper
Crafty Creations - make your own backing paper (I did mine with a stamp, book page and planty of Distress Ink!)
and finally, Lexi's Creations - animals (her two adorable kittens)

Take care and happy crafting
Charli xx

8 comments:

my5bratz said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Moshie said...

Had to look twice to see both kitties. lol Very nice job. Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations.
hugs, Moshie

Lexi said...

Adorable and i love the colours :D
Thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Debbie said...

Charli this is absolutely fabulous. Great altering and I do love your style. :)

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad..good luck. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

acreativeneed said...

This is fabulous! So glad you joined us in the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

gina g said...

Brilliant card and i love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at the Crafts and Me challenge this week. luv gina

Ali - Crafty Ribbons said...

Wow fab!
Good luck in winning the spring bloom ribbons.
Ali
Crafty Ribbons

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

I love her! She looks so sweet!