Monday 3 May 2010

Charmed, Enchanted, Bewitched

After going for a couple of drinks at our local for a friend's birthday, I came home to find that a handful of their uniquely shaped beermats had ended up in my pocket! A very odd occurance but hey, now they're here I may as well alter them.

So here is my project for the Darkness Inspiration challenge- Bewitched.

First I spent the better part of an hour trying to get the top layer off of the darned beermat (the others I have peel off easily; not so with this one - in fact there is still a little bit left under where the image is!)

I coloured the background Forest Moss DI (see! a new colour at last!) and then edged it in Faded Jeans. Then I took another torn out book page, coloured it with Weathered Wood (my other new DI) and stuck it down, trimming around the beermat and edging again with Faded Jeans.

Next I stamped out the Tim Holtz ticket block stamp, this time leaving it in tact rather than cutting them apart, to use as another background - tinting it with Weathered Wood (my new fave!) and then using a cottonbud to add Forest Moss around the edges of the tickets; again sticking it down then trimming it down.

The image is one of the gorgeous ching-chou kuik images, made by Sweet Pea stamps and bought from Crafts and Me. I coloured her with watercolour pencils then painstakingly cut out a mask from sticky notes and coloured the background with Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans and Forest Moss.

I used my brass stencils to do the wording with my brown Indian ink marker, using the same ink colours; added an eyelet and a strip of lace(ish) ribbon, some silver gems and finally a bit of silver glitter.

This piece is also being entered into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - sparkle (the gems and glitter)
Crafty Pad - ribbon (the strip bowed at the top)
Fab'n'Funky - no designer paper
Crafty Creations - make your own backing paper (I did mine with a stamp, book page and planty of Distress Ink!)
and finally, Lexi's Creations - animals (her two adorable kittens)

Take care and happy crafting
Charli xx

8 comments:

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Moshie said...

Had to look twice to see both kitties. lol Very nice job. Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations.
hugs, Moshie

Lexi said...

Adorable and i love the colours :D
Thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Debbie said...

Charli this is absolutely fabulous. Great altering and I do love your style. :)

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad..good luck. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! So glad you joined us in the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

gina g said...

Brilliant card and i love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at the Crafts and Me challenge this week. luv gina

Crafty Ribbons said...

Wow fab!
Good luck in winning the spring bloom ribbons.
Ali
Crafty Ribbons

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

I love her! She looks so sweet!