Monday 19 April 2010

And Another One

Next up is a card I made for a good friend of my husband's (luckily he doesn't look at my blog as his birthday isn't until 21st!)

It's my first proper 'distressed' card and I'm really pleased with it as it certainly seems quite masculine, which I usually find quite difficult (I can do girlie and non-gender-specific, but proper blokey cards are a challenge for me).

It uses paper from a fab masculine stack I found made by Paper Cellar. And the base is a white card, coloured with Antique Linen DI (of course!) and edged with Tea Dye DI, as are all the panels. The cake was a gold peel-off coloured with a brown permanent marker and coloured with DI (I promise I will get more colours soon!)

I really like the layout and it's my take on the great C.R.A.F.T. challenge sketch (all I did to it was add the rectangular layer and the greeting)

Also the theme over at Tuesday Taggers this week has been birthday cake/balloons.

7 comments:

Trimgym said...

Lovely card using Ei's sketch, thank you for joining us in the sketch challenge at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Eiglas said...

Super card!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Zoechaos said...

Super card and great that its a mans card works really well. Thank you for joining us at TT this week.

Unknown said...

Its brilliant you are certainly good at distressing! thanks for joining us at TT this week x Janet

Suzi Mac said...

Fabulous card Charli, love the distressing and a great take on the sketch at C.R.A.F.T. this week, Thank you for joining us.
xSuzix

Rose said...

Great card and lovely take on the sketch!

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Claire Phillips said...

Brill job with Ei's sketch! Love your card - it's got such great dimension! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x