Monday 19 April 2010

A Pair of Challenge Cards

The challenge over at Fab n Funky is to use a neglected stamp. So I dug out my gorgeous champagne and roses stamp that I bought a while (alright, a couple of years ago) for my wedding scrapbook project and has sat untouched for much too long (especially considering that the scrapbook isn't finished.... oooops!)

Anyway, that stamp is featured in both of these cards; the first of which is also eligible for the challenges at Play Date Cafe -black and white with a splash of orange (and I admit this was hard for me as I'm really not a fan of orange!)
and at Crafty Creations who have a 'limited edition' challenge (1 designer paper, 1 image/stamp and 1 embellishment -I went with the ribbon bow).

The next card uses a fab sketch from Sketch and Stash.

And also the colour scheme of pink, brown and yellow from Crafts and Me
(Although I have no idea if its a requirement to use an image bought from them or not as it doesn't specify)


Personally I like this one without the bows, but three embellishments placed around there were on the sketch.

9 comments:

Becky said...

What stylish cards! So gorgeous!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playong along at Crafty Creations in our limited edition challenge! What a fab card! Cheers Claire x

Tenia Nelson said...

Very nice cards!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

wow--both cards are great! I love that texture in the second card. And the ribbon on the first card! Great job all around:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute wedding/anniversary cards. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

Orange can be a challenge, but you've done a great job with your cards! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Great use of the stamp in both cards! I have a few of those stamps as well. (Sitting there from an unfinished project.) Lovely cards. Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

Cathy said...

Such an elegant card. Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Thanks for choosing the play date colours to work with, especially since you find orange hard to work with. Not that you'd know that from the card you made!